Thursday, March 12, 2009

Green is in the air

I'm super excited today even with the lack of sleep I got last night. We leave for Chicago tonight and I''m pumped. I'm not pumped that it will be cold but I'm pumped that I get to see the river dyed green and the parade and other cool stuff.
I haven't been to Chicago since I was 9, I'm not counting making a connecting flight or taking someone to the airport. The hotel we are staying at is right on the parade route too. Its going to be a cold but good time. I'm ok with it being cold cuz this weekend is supposed to be pretty crappy here in TX.

Other issues.....I know this is going to sound bad but I don't care.

I told my husband that I want to have a baby before my sister in law has #3. We'll guess who will be trying for a new baby. HINT not me.
I know that it sounds stupid. Hubby and I have talked about having children and we both want them but now isn't a good time. I know if we didn't move we probably would have a child right now. But the moving thing and getting settled and all had delayed some plans. I know that I shouldn't plan when I want to have kids around someone else and I'm by no means thinking of getting pregnant any time soon either. I guess I'm indifferent about it. We have a lot going on right now and throwing a baby into the mix would not be a good thing. I guess I didn't think that they would be trying anytime soon. I guess its the I wanted to be the one who had the next kid not her. Oh well.

We'll I hope everyone has a good weekend

2 comments:

  1. My sister and I had this conversation just the other day except I was the one letting her know that we were going to start trying for number 3. It's such a hard thing to talk about. She and her hubs were "trying" and then stopped b/c she is a teacher and wants to have it right before summer. Unfortunately she wasn't ovulating right and is going to have to do a bit more to get pregnant. I don't want to hurt her feelings but at the same time I don't want to put our trying on hold either. Ugh

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's always a hard conversation to have. My sister has told me to wait until we get a little more settled. I don't know if that will ever happen.

    ReplyDelete